Friendship Creativity Honesty Perseverance
Compassion Patience Trust Self-Control
Courage Forgiveness Respect Responsibility
Our Ethos Statement
Great Tey Church of England Primary School serves its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian beliefs and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to all its children, whilst ensuring that we reflect and celebrate the backgrounds and faiths of all.
Children enter school eager to make sense of the world. Great Tey provides a broad and balanced curriculum that is well matched to each child's differing needs and abilities, encompassing spiritual, moral, emotional, social, cultural, intellectual and physical development. We have created a secure, friendly atmosphere that rejoices in success, but where it is safe to make mistakes. Therefore children feel able to reach their potential, learn to value themselves and relate to others with consideration.
Great Tey Primary values the partnership between staff, children, governors, parents, the church and the wider community and welcomes contributions from all stakeholders to help our pupils reach their potential.
Great Tey - Growing Together
Our school aims and objectives:
- We believe that our school should be a place of partnership in learning and growing between pupils, parents, teachers, staff and governors.
- We aim to give equal opportunities for developing the talents and skills of the whole community, children and adults.
- We believe everyone should feel valued and their opinions and needs respected.
- Adults should provide positive role models compatible with those of Christian care and consideration.
- We aim to use our community as a place to develop academically, spiritually, morally and socially, to enable children to take their place in the wider community.
- We want our children to develop into well equipped, independent and responsible learners and thinkers.
- We will teach the skills needed to develop a happy, healthy and balanced life style.
- We will provide a challenging and well resourced environment.
- We will provide a well planned, rich and varied curriculum in keeping with the National Curriculum.